Pumpkin Pie Cake
Recipe type: Cake
Serves: Make about 2 dozen cupcakes!
This is one of my VERY FAVORITE recipes and is perfect for the holidays! It’s the taste of pumpkin pie, but with the consistency of cake… and it is absolutely delicious! It’s moist and dense, and works great for cupcakes, too! (K. Great. Now I’m salivating. Again.)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin (I use canned pumpkin, but you can use mashed, fresh pumpkin if you’d like)
- 1 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, pumpkin, and canola oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined. DO NOT over mix.
- Bake until inserted toothpick comes out clean. (@ 20 minutes or less for cupcakes… much longer in cake tins.)
*NOTE*… I also add 2 pkg. of instant pumpkin flavored pudding mix with 4 Tablespoons milk, to make it even more moist and delicious. But it’s not needed if you’d rather leave it out.